Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lapse of Memory

This post wishes to introduce another volume of Poems by Pon.Selvaganapathy under the title, 'Lapse of Memory'.
This volume is a collection of free verse written on various occasions and published in many literary journals.
The poem given below describes the human behavior,particularly forgetting every thing and always being in a confused state.
We undergo such mental state and suffer because of this.
The Poet presents a verbal portrait of our dilemma we undergo while we forget important things.

Lapse of Memory

Why did I hate it?
Which things did I hate?
Whom did I hate?
Everything forgotten..
But..Hatred is persisting..
Which were the objects of my desire?
Oh! It is forgotten..

Desire is still continuing
its process in my mind.
Which is the goal
for my travel?

I am sorry I have forgotten it.
But my travel is a never-ending one.
I am trying to recollect
The things which I have forgotten
My lapses of memory
Are still continuing
By which alone
There continues a lot of
Friendships
And a few hostilities!

No comments: